Rule 12g3-2(b) Exemption # 82-35186
BANCO DO BRASIL S.A.
Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting Call Notice
The shareholders of Banco do Brasil S.A. — public company — are invited to take part, in a first summons, in the Extraordinary General Meeting that will be held at Headquarter Building I, 21st floor, Brasilia (DF), at 3 p.m. on 11.28.2008, in order to deal with the following subjects:
1. To examine, discuss and approve the Protocol of Merger and Justification of the Merger of Banco do Estado do Piauí S.A. – BEP by Banco do Brasil S.A.;
2. To approve and ratify the hiring of (i) Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Consultores Ltda, CNPJ/MF number 02.189.924/0001-03, as responsible for the appraisal report of BEP by the discounted cash flow methodology, (ii) da Global Auditores Independentes, CNPJ/MF number 03.423.123/0003-95, as responsible for the appraisal report of BEP by the equity value, and (iii) PricewaterhouseCoopers Auditores Independentes., CNPJ/MF number 61.562.112/0015-26 and PricewaterhouseCoopers Corporate Finance & Recovery Ltda., CNPJ/MF number 05.487.514/0001-37 as responsible for the economic/financial appraisal report of BB by the behavior of the shares in the open market and by the discounted cash flow methodology;
3. To examine and approve the appraisal reports mentioned in item “2.” above
4. To approve and declare effective the merger of BEP by Banco do Brasil S.A. in the terms of the Protocol of Merger and Justification of the Merger, and also to authorize Banco do Brasil’s administration to execute the complimentary acts related to the merger;
5. To authorize the raise in the capital of Banco do Brasil, due to the mergers mentioned above, with the transfer of the equity from BEP to Banco do Brasil S.A., in the terms of the Protocol of Merger and Justification of the Merger.
The proxy instruments should be deposited with Banco do Brasil, in the Executive Secretariat, 23rd floor of the Headquarter Building III, preferably, within 24 hours before the Meeting is held.
The documents concerning to the proposals to be deliberated by the Meeting are available in the Executive Secretariat, 23rd floor of the Headquarter Building III, in Brasília (DF) and in the Bank’s Investor Relations website (www.bb.com.br/ir).
Brasília (DF), November 11th, 2008
Antonio Francisco de Lima Neto
Board of Directors Vice-president
|Acquisition Protocol (Only in Portuguese)|
|Global Auditores Independentes|
|Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Consultores|
|PriceWaterhouseCoopers Auditores Independentes|
Information to the Market
|11.11.2008 – BEP’s Acquisition|
|09.06.2007 – BEP Incorporation Study|
Updated 12/27/2018 at 03:07 pm